It’s almost impossible to make washing clothing fun, but using a well-organized and superbly constructed laundry room can certainly help. This season readers saved photographs of laundry rooms that utilized less space without minding style. Smart designs and great storage ideas helped to make the most out of these fluff-and-fold areas.
Take a look at the most popular laundry area photographs of 2012, as determined by the amount of ideabooks that they have been added to.
Tarallo Kitchen and Bath, Inc..
1. Single-wall informed in New York. A stacked washer and dryer can conserve space, as seen in this very simple laundry room. ers liked how the laundry area shot up only one tiny wall — an idea that can certainly operate in smaller houses.
Warren Home Restorations
2. Purple cabinetry in Minnesota. Purple cabinetry is a bold choice, but this laundry area tones down it with gray undertones.The etched detail on the sink, conventional hardware and warm wall color help tie the remainder of this quaint area together.
Lucy Interior Design
3. Colorful Minneapolis laundry area. Small spaces like laundry rooms can be excellent places for bold colour. ers took a cue from this one, saving this picture for its brightly colored shelves and handy hang-dry space.
4. Violet walls and marble floors in California. Purple laundry rooms were a hit in 2012! The comparison between the rich wall color and the marble countertops and flooring tile makes it effortless to forget this attractive space is actually a laundry area.
TransFORM | The Artwork of Custom Storage
5. Smart storage in Brooklyn. Different cabinetry forms in this New York laundry area inspired readers to combine storage thoughts in their own houses. Wire drawers, deep cabinetry and shelving over the washer help keep everything neat.
6. Witty tags in San Francisco. Frosted glass cupboard doors greatly streamline the laundry procedure. ers also noted the handy stainless steel table on top of the washer and dryer, ideal for folding clothes whenever they are dry.
Crystal Kitchen + Bath
7. Space with glass. A stacked washer and dryer, a small sink and a spot for hanging clothing make the most out of limited square footage. readers loved the lovely stained glass window.
8. Walls and floors in Southern California. A slim setup receives a bold remedy with patterned background and checkered marble floors. readers saved this picture for its fun pattern play but also noticed the smart layout.
Rock Paper Hammer
9. Brick floors in Kentucky. The herringbone brick flooring adds an unexpected element to this cozy laundry room. ers loved the burst of colour from the glossy turquoise ceiling too — and, needless to say, a few mentioned the sweet cat.
Total Spaces Design
10. Custom drying drawers in Washington. This inventive idea eliminates the need for bulky drying racks at a laundry area with restricted space. Custom drying drawers like these can hold delicates and other small items that have to air dry.
More: Find more laundry rooms of every size, colour and style